Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wagons, East!

If I don't post as much over the next month or so, there's a good reason: it appears that my wife and I will be moving to the East Coast! And rapidly, too....we're heading out to look for houses this weekend.

The good news is that I should be moving to an area with a lot more chess activity than where I live now. So, instead of getting only 1-2 tournaments a year in, I can hope for some regular OTB experience.

I'm in the middle of drafting a self-improvement plan for myself, but I'm not going to embark on it until I'm settled at my new digs. I don't think it'll be as intensive as a de la Maza-esque program, but something more structured than what I'm doing now. I'm going to try taking my own advice and seeing if I can improve my strength.

Wish us luck! I'll still be checking the blog, but probably won't be writing novel-length posts for a bit.

No comments: